Washing your hands is one of the best ways to protect yourself and families from becoming unwell.
Washing your hands often enough will help minimise germs and the transferal of them to others. Some of the key times for washing your hands are;
- Before, during,andafter preparing food
- Before eating food
- Beforeandaftercaring for someone at home who is sick with vomiting or diarrhea
- Beforeandafter treating a cut or wound
- After using the toilet
- After changing diapers or cleaning up a child who has used the toilet
- Afterblowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- After touching an animal, animal feed, or animal waste
- Afterhandling pet food or pet treats
- After touching garbage
I know some people think that this is excessive however; it will help minimise the amount of potentially harmful bacteria spreading and may save yourself or a loved one from becoming unwell.
If you feel this has helped you, please have a look at our ‘Handwashing to protect against the Coronavirus’ video.